When a young woman says yes to The Open Door House she is saying yes to a bright new future. For the next 12 months our programs and services will equip her with the tools to become a productive member of society, help her heal from the past and reach her God-given potential. Your gift ensures we can continue our mission.
Volunteer. Change a life.
The time you invest volunteering at The Open Door will have a lasting impact on the lives of the many children and teens in our care.
If you are a professional with talents and abilities to help the residents or professional staff at The Open Door House, we would love for you to be involved with our ministry. Please consider how you might serve in the following areas:
- Dental – help a young adult by providing routine cleaning and special services
- Medical – help a young adult by providing annual physical exams, special lab work or treatment while ill
- Legal – help our staff review legal documents, formulate contracts, etc.
- Fundraising – lend your expertise to help The Open Door House successfully raise funds
- Construction – lend your talents and resources to help us with home improvements and repairs.
Please know that every volunteer opportunity – whether direct care or not – supports the youth here and allows us to keep our doors open to the youth who need us. Any type of help we can get is going to help their futures get a little bit brighter.
- For the young women we currently serve and the young women who will one day live in our home- may they know the love of Jesus; healing; generational poverty, abuse and neglect will be broken and redirected to prosperity, health, and wholeness.
- For our leadership: wisdom and discernment.
- Favor- funding, provision and growth to meet the needs of young adults who have aged out of foster care.